Are you looking for satisfaction by helping migrants or do you want to gain work experience with certain activities within the aid and service sector?
The Leiden Migrant Support Desk has a vacancy for enthusiastic volunteers with a good heart to help people.
We are looking for volunteers who, together with professionals, can provide support to migrants during walk-in consultation hours.
You help support and promote the self-reliance of people with questions about, for example, correspondence with government institutions such as the Tax Authorities or the municipality, and questions/problems/correspondence with institutions such as the housing association, health insurance or the company/employer. Sometimes these concern questions regarding the translation of documents of a legal nature, or in relation to the residence permit (IND), finances, debts and administration.
• Providing information and advice
• Applying for and completing forms
• Explaining and translating letters
• Requesting information from various agencies (referred)
• Writing short letters, for example canceling your subscription.
• Writing long letters such as objections, complaints, appeals in case of guidance.
• Someone with an international, multicultural feeling and thoughts.
• You are involved and down-to-earth and you have a respectful attitude towards the target group.
• You are motivated to contribute to the Leiden migrant support desk.
• that you are customer-friendly and are able to find a solution based on the intention.
• that you can work independently, but are also a team player.
• You are able to translate and convey information to clients;
• You can work on a computer: search for information on the Internet, fill out online forms, scan forms.
• You are willing to share your knowledge and skills with visitors, volunteers and professionals;
• Flexible hours: working hours and hours are between 2 and a maximum of 5 hours per week, from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM or from 12:30 PM to 4:00 PM (at least once a week)
• Good Dutch writing, reading, speaking skills (whether/and someone has a good command of Arabic, or Persian, or Turkish, Spanish, Russian, English and Dutch and other languages)
• an interesting position in a dynamic cultural, socially pleasant environment.
• Free participation in all cultural activities of the foundation, such as café, music, concerts, etc.
• relevant experience, knowledge of social issues, and an enrichment of your CV.
• Opportunities to learn more about other languages & cultures.
• Opportunities to conduct social and cultural research.
•Flexible hours: working hours and hours are between 2 and a maximum of 5 hours per week.